Chris Lieb wrote:
I recently switched to KDE 4.2 (completely removed KDE 3.5.9 and emerge
@kde-4.2) and fired up my system update script.  I noticed right away
that the title bar of Konsole did not update to show my progress in my
emerge -u... world.  In fact, it only showed the user name and directory
that I was currently in.  No script seemed to change the contents of the
title bar.  I noticed the same behavior in lxvt run in KDE 4.2 also.

In Konsole under KDE 3.5.9, the title bar would always be controlled by
the script that was running.  Is this supposed to happen in KDE 4.2, or
is this a bug?

In the profile of Konsole you're using, in the "Tabs" tab, edit the "Tab title format" according to your needs. To get KDE 3 behavior, you need "%d : %w".