On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:27:08 +0800
zhangwe...@realss.com wrote:

> I don't know if in China network is specially boardband otherwise how to
> explain the forums dare to allow dozens of hi-res photo posted in-line
> of messages and web designers dare to design websites with a front page
> of more than 3MB (e.g. our local tax office website contain huge picture
> and flash on the front-page with several hundreds of links on it).

You can use on-demand loading for such content with firefox plugins
like flashblock - it'll load flash only when you click on it. I bet
there are plenty such plugins for images, as well.

Also, you might consider disabling firefox cache (which I find quite
slow) at all, using a proxy (like squid) to cache such a large static
objects - it'll do much better job w/o any burden on your resources.
Besides, it can cache static for whole your network, or communicate
with other local proxies, taking advantage of their caches to speed up

Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net