On Thursday 19 February 2009 18:58:59 Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Paul Hartman
>
> <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Here's one for the zen masters of portage. There is a statistical
> >> programming language called 'R'.
> >>
> >> http://www.r-project.org/
> >>
> >> Is it in portage? If so how do I find it without all the problems of
> >> weeding through 1000's of lines of useless stuff?
> >
> > dev-lang/R
>
> OK, so that depends that I know R is a language. That's probably a
> reasonable assumption.
>
> Is there a way to do this with emerge or eix that matches the name exactly?

# eix -e R
* dev-lang/R
     Available versions:  2.7.1 2.7.2 (~)2.8.1 {X bash-completion cairo debug
doc java jpeg lapack minimal nls png readline tk}
     Homepage:            http://www.r-project.org/
and graphics

However, eix is normally case-insensitive. When used with -e (exact match) it
is case sensitive. Trawling through the enormous eix man page looking or the
case insensitive exact match is left as an exercise for the reader.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com