On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:50:00 +0000
Stroller <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> On 25 Feb 2009, at 03:42, Mike Kazantsev wrote:
> > 3. Since it sounds like you have no need to do it repeatedly, why
> > not open root and do the stuff? Provided you don't have '123' as
> > password.
>
> The voice of reason has entered the thread.

Indeed.

Thanks to all for the helpful replies.

In the end, being on a deadline to complete this idiotic task (moving nested
shared IMAP folders), I just emerged a comparatively lightweight file manager,
'pcmanfm' (as the "server" has some X libs on it) and did it via ssh with
"-Y"... possibly the least secure option, but as was suggested, the easiest. '-)

Anyway, Gentoo community rocks! Some very clever proposals. Virtual beverages
all around...

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /