On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Mike Kazantsev
<mike_kazant...@fraggod.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 17:19:19 -0800
> "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to learn about libtool for the New Riders book "GNU
>> Attoconf, Automake and libtool", and I'm stymied early on.  It wants
>> me to run a "ltconfig" program that does not seem to exist.  It said
>> to find a few things in /usr/local/share/libtool, and I found all but
>> one of them in /usr/share/libtool, but no ltconfig.
>
> Prehaps it's just a typo and the program in question is "ldconfig"?
>

>> I'm in a similar fix on Ubunu, the only other Linux I have at home.
>
> Illustrates the fact that typos can be anywhere ;)

It appears the book is just out of date.  I need newer references.
It's definitely not ldconfig that's wanted, but a program that
configures a local copy of libtool itself.  Maybe it's now obsolete.
So I'm looking for a new reference.  All I've found so far is some
acrobat slides -- lots of them, but they have all the problems
inherent in slide presentations without a presenter.

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD