James wrote:
> Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>>> 'autounmask kde-4.2' did not work.....
>>>

>> Try autounmask.  It will add everything to the files for you.  Works
>> pretty good here.
>>

> I get:
>

> autounmask kde-4.2
>
>  autounmask version 0.23 (using PortageXS-0.02.09 and portage-2.2_rc23)
>
>  * Using repository: /usr/portage
>
>  * The given category/package-version does not seem to exist. Listing existing
> versions:
>
>  * gentoo (/usr/portage):
>      none
>
>  * Please pick one of the versions given above and try again.
>
> Same result with either:
> autounmask @james-kde-4.2 (acutally name of my sets)
> or
> autounmask james-kde-4.2
>
> Any other ideas?

It's been a little bit since I used it but try this:

autounmask kde-base/kde-meta-4.2.1

There is not "man" page but there is a help option.  Real short but it
is there.

r...@smoker / # autounmask -h

 autounmask version 0.23 (using PortageXS-0.02.09 and portage-2.2_rc23)

 Usage:
   autounmask category/package-version

   -h, --help             : Show this help.
   -p, --pretend          : Just pretend.
   -n, --noversions       : Do not append version when unmasking a package.

r...@smoker / #

Notice the usage section.  It has to have the category and package.

Dale

:-)  :-)