Joseph wrote:
On 03/15/09 00:59, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
[snip]
XP (that is good), but:
1.) the terminal I'm connecting to has to accept my connection, is it possible to set it up so I connect to it automatically. 2.) I'm taking control of the mouse and keyboard of the remote workstation (in this case my server). What I need is to connect to the server being able to use it without taking control of the desktop mouse or keyboard.

Then you need to enable the "terminal client" service of Windows XP instead (XP Professional has this). For this to work, you need to disable the RDP of VirtualBox or use another port. Also, since XP's RDP is a service, you need port forwarding if you're using NAT networking in VBox.

You can Google on how to enable RDP/terminal services inside XP.

I'm trying now nxserver-freenx but it is giving me problem with configuration; do you know anything about setting up freenx?

I use x2go (it's also based on NX and is in the "nx" overlay). But you can't connect to Windows XP with NX.