Marc Blumentritt schrieb am 21.03.2009 14:33:
> Hi,
>
> when I run emerge -p --depclen, I get these results:
>
> [...]
>
>  x11-libs/qt
>     selected: 4.4.2
>    protected: none
>      omitted: 3.3.8b-r1
>
>  x11-libs/qt-assistant
>     selected: 4.4.2-r1
>    protected: none
>      omitted: none
>
>  x11-libs/qt-xmlpatterns
>     selected: 4.4.2
>    protected: none
>      omitted: none
> [...]
>
> Can someone explain me this?

Yeah these packages are not needed by others anymore. If you really
want/need them which i doubt you can put x11-libs/qt into the world file.

Starting with qt-4.4 the ebuild has been split up into components.
x11-libs/qt is just a meta ebuild nothing needs to depend on.
Dependencies are set upon the components. So if you really want all qt
stuff even if you do not need parts of it put x11-libs/qt in your world
file.

Regards,

Daniel