On Saturday 04 April 2009 08:36:08 Hung Dang wrote:
> Hi all
> I have a strange problem with LVM2. I follow this guide
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/lvm2.xml to create the LVM2 volume named vg
> then create the logical volume /dev/vg/data. Everything went fine and I
> can mount the volume /dev/vg/data to /mnt/data without any problem.
> However, when I restart my computer the logical volume is disappeared.
> I  can always replicate this problem by create a new LVM group then
> restart my computer.

Most likely is that the commands necessary to activate the LVM at boot time
are not being run. Test this theory by running as root:

vgchange -a y
and mount the device.

If it then works, check the usual things, like /etc/init.d/lvm is in your boot
runlevel

Also check dmesg for obvious errors.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com