On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:14 AM, sean <tech.j...@myfairpoint.net> wrote:
> Is there a repository somewhere that you can download fdi files for a
> device?
> It seems that would make things easier for all, since many people likely
> use the same devices in exactly or closely similar ways?
>
> I have to get my trackball working again the way I had before the upgrade.

Not that I know of (but it's a good idea!); once you understand the
basic FDI syntax it is pretty easy to migrate your settings. Find the
device name of the trackball you want to set up in
/proc/bus/input/devices and then create an FDI which mimics the
settings you used in xorg.conf. The Ubuntu wiki has a decent little
tutorial on it:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Input