Mike Kazantsev a gentiment tapote:
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 22:47:46 -0400
> Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:
>

>> After installing Xorg-server 1.5.3 & adopting the Evdev approach,
>> I can unplug + replug my mouse & keyboard without losing usage:
>> previously, you had to restart X to get them back.  I assume
>> the idea behind the change is to allow hotplugging these devices.
>>

> Strangely enough, I do it more than ten times a day, and it works
> perfectly with old-style configuration.
> Same thing worked for PS/2 keyboard/mouse, unlike M$-OS.

Some days ago, i upgraded to Xorg-server-1.5.3 with hal use flag and
evdev drivers for PS/2 mouse and keyboard (with my 8 year-old AMD 1.2
GHz CPU).
I commented all the lines about mouse and keyboard in the xorg.conf file
and now use /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-x11-input.fdi.
I unmerged xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-mouse and everything works
nice !
For fun i plugged a second usb mouse, and then i got one mouse for left
hand and another one for the right hand :-) .

Cheers,

--
Jacques