Now, instead of oscure settings, I get no settings.  From the elog info
at the end of my mythweb emerge:

POST-INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

You probably want to modify
/usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.21_p17573/conf/mythweb.conf.apache
to fit your needs and create a symlink to it as
/etc/apache2/modules.d/mythweb.conf
In order to prevent unauthorized access to your Myth
installation, MythWeb can be configured to require
authentication using htdigest.  The apache controls for
doing this are commented out in mythweb.conf.apache
by default.

camille ~ #
ls /usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.21_p17573/conf/mythweb.conf.apache
ls: cannot
access /usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.21_p17573/conf/mythweb.conf.apache:
No such file or directory

I don't even know what address to go to to access mythweb...