On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 23:30:19 +0200, gibbo...@gmail.com wrote:

> > Real men manage their own /etc/fstab. ;-)
> +1

Hal is about a lot more than mounting memory sticks.

> (I just noticed that hal creates /media but didn't added it to my fstab,
> maybe for the 0.5.12 ? :))

Hal doesn't create the mountpoint in /media, the automounter does.
Removable devices aren't supposed to be added to fstab if they are handled
by an automounter. This is a good thing, do you really want programs
modifying such a critical file whenever they feel like it? Imagine the
possible consequences of a crash or power failure just as your automounter
is updating fstab.

--
Neil Bothwick

*/ \*         <- Tribbles having a swordfight