Sebastian Günther wrote:

This is the hint: intelfb can't change the video mode. But intelfb can be used if you /also/ add a vga to the kernel command line. I will post mine as an example:

kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/ram0 real_root=/dev/mapper/system-slash \
 ro resume=swap:/dev/mapper/system-swap vga=0x318 quiet \
 video=intelfb:1024x768...@60,mttr,noaccel,hwcursor,vram=4 \
splash=silent,theme:natural_gentoo console=tty1

Am I understanding this correctly? vga=0x318 means 1024x768...@60. Your line calls intelfb with almost the same mode except at 32-bit pixel depth instead of 24. Is this the only change intelfb will make to the video mode? or you end up with 1024x768...@60 anyway?

It seems that the mode option of intelfb does not do anything and the mode needs to be set with vga which has specific values.

Thanks,

--
Valmor