Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
On Thursday 07 May 2009 19:50:19 you wrote:
Say, on desktop 1 I have started konsole with long emerging of something
(i.e. konsole window is changing continuously). At the same time I have
started supertuxkart for my son on the desktop 2. The game window has black
blinking rectangular with the same position and size as the konsole window
(canvas itself) has. The same "effect" takes place with replacing active
konsole with. say, firefox download window (progress bar and text are
blinking).

It iseems I have some gl tuning to perform. ~amd64 and intel video card are
in use...

More simple and more exciting :-) - just have started glxgears and switched a desktop - glxgears' canvas is visible on any desktop!!

OK, that's definitely a driver problem. It seems the driver does not support accelerated 3D while compositing ("Desktop Effects") is enabled.