On Fri, 15 May 2009 20:28:02 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler wrote:

> Yes, very much so. I understand there are issues with too many
> read/write cycles on the SSHD.

An SSD is not the same as a USB stick. They have wear levelling to avoid
this problem.

> Up to now I've re-jiggered the kernel at
> least a dozen times. I guess I should have put the OS on a card first
> *then* onto the hard-drive once everything was in order.

I've been running mine for over a year, using ~x86 so updates are
frequent and no sign of any problems, and stll almost a year's warranty
left :)

I do have PORTAGE_TMPDIR on an SSDHCcard, but that's more for space
reasons.

--
Neil Bothwick

If you cannot fix it, feature it.