Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

> Look into /usr/portage/profiles/base/packages.
> Everything in there must not be in your world file.
>
> Afterwards start the big deleting. You have gnome installed? Remove
> everything
> X11, glib, gtk from world. kde? qt does not belong there.
>
> With a little bit of thinking you can reduce world A LOT.

I find

sys-devel/gcc

in my world file. It is listed in ...base/packages too. How exactly do I
remove it from world? Just edit the world file by removing the
sys-devel/gcc line and do a revdep-rebuild --ignore followed by a emerge
--depclean ?

Thanks for inputs; I don't want to break my system.

--
Valmor