Daniel Iliev wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday I decided to try gentoo-sources again. I was using vanilla,
because of ext4 - when it was declared stable, gentoo-sources still was
at the ext4dev phase (a version or so behind the upstream as expected).
Yesterday, when migrating from vanilla-2.6.28 to gentoo-sources-2.6.29-5
I haven't noticed any new FS related options except for the btrfs which
I don't need, thus have disabled.

Kernel compiles w/o errors, but when booted it panics with error msg
like "unknown mount option ``extents''".

Yes, I have "extents" among the following options in fstab and
they work with vannila-2.6.28

"/dev/md1  /  ext4 stripe=2048,commit=2,extents,orlov,delalloc,\
errors=remount-ro,nodiratime,noatime 0 1"

Ideas, suggestions?

The extents mount option has been removed from 2.6.29:

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-ext4/2009/1/6/4613614