On Tuesday 09 June 2009 02:27:39 Dale wrote:
> That's sort of what I was thinking.  It was generated when it was
> started up the first time.  I also noticed some things that I installed
> in the Seamonkey directory too.  Adblock was one of those.
>
> Tho there was a good many of them, I suspect most all of them belongs to
> something here.  I may just leave well enough alone, may poke around a
> little but nothing risky.

Yes, you do want to be very careful, especially any required files that
ebuilds generate in post_install() - portage usually doesn't know about those.

I'd stick to .so libs initially (revdep-rebuild can find your mistakes!). In
my case, I had:
liblcms.so.1.0.13
liblcms.so.1.0.18
and eic showed that there is no.13 version. So apparently, this comes from a
time when I had a portage that didn't cleanly remove stuff.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com