On 6/9/09, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@arcor.de> wrote:
> Normally, portage will try fetching from GENTOO_MIRRORS during an emerge
> and SRC_URI comes last.  I want to reverse this; try SRC_URI first and
> if that fails, only then proceed to fetch from GENTOO_MIRRORS.  Doable?

As others have pointed out, caches, proxies et cetera are often Your
Friends. Thus, I wonder if there is something specific you are trying
to achieve here? Maybe these wise men from odd countries (like Mr
McKinnon's weird country on an unknown planet, with companies with
actual clueful management! ;) ) can help you even more if you reveal a
bit of the *why* behind the question.

--
Arttu V.