KH wrote:
> Dirk Heinrichs schrieb:
>
>> Am Mittwoch 10 Juni 2009 20:55:16 schrieb Paul Hartman:
>>

>>> I had a similar problem, 100% cpu usage caused by a daemon that did
>>> not respond well when network connection was lost. My
>>> /var/log/messages grew over 60GB in a few hours with the same message
>>> repeated tens of millions of times.
>>>
>> Well, that's the reason you should put /var on its own partition/logical
>> volume.
>>
>> Bye...
>>
>>     Dirk
>>

> Well something creating that much messages is just buggi! The cpu will
> be on havy duty no diffrence where /var is mounted. This is a bug which
> should not happen.
>
> kh

My messages file gets huge sometimes too.  Usually when hal or something
doesn't unmount the DVD drive and it just spits out error after error
about every two seconds.

Let's not get started on how buggy hal is.  That could turn into a huge
thread for sure and could lead to discussions about xorg-server and the
recent upgrade.

Dale

:-)  :-)