On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Grant<emailgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just now learning how to compile and install manually.  I
> installed makemkv-1.4.1 manually and now I found an ebuild so I'd like
> to install the latest version via the ebuild, but I get:
>
> # make uninstall
> make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'.  Stop.
>
> The makefile doesn't mention uninstall.  Should I just install over
> the current installation via the ebuild?  Is there any way to do this
> cleanly?

Hopefully your manually-installed version was installed to /usr/local
and the ebuild version will be installed to /usr ... once the ebuild
is installed, check out the files list and then manually delete those
same files from the /usr/local hierarchy. That's what I would do
anyway :) If you did not install the original to /usr/local then yeah
I think just having it overwrite the files should be okay in this
case.