090613 Mick wrote:
> On Saturday 13 June 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
>> Yet another step reveals the locus of the problem here at least:
>> (11) try to run 'klauncher' from CLI : "must be started by Kdeinit";
>> (12) restart in KDE, fix Krusader + Apwal ;
>> (13) reboot & restart FB but without 'kdeinit &' in  ~/.xinitrc :
>>      Krusader 'open with' ok !
>> So my problem seems to lie in starting 'kdeinit' without the KDE desktop.
>> It will take another couple of reboots (tomorrow) to confirm this.
>> Mick mb doing things a bit differently & his problem mb elsewhere.
> I have rebooted a number of times (it's a laptop), always in xdm/fluxbox,
> but my Konqueror menus/kcontrol work fine now.
> I do not have kdeinit in the fluxbox startup file.

That means your problem is/was something else.
After a long sleep, I restarted the machine & Krusader's 'open with' is ok.
It looks as if the problem here is that if 'kdeinit' is started
without an existing desktop to relate to, some connection is not made.
As it makes no noticeable difference to start-up times,
I can easily do without having 'kdeinit &' in  ~/.xinitrc .

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca