Sebastian Günther <sam...@guenther-roetgen.de> writes:

> * Harry Putnam (rea...@newsguy.com) [12.06.09 16:41]:
>>
>> There is a patch offered but still one would think using standard
>> emerge on a package that is outside the `~' daredevil stage and is not
>> masked, it should `just work' [tm].
>>

> When I read the bug rightfully, procmail did not build with glibc
> 2.10.1, which is *not* stable yet, especially because of a lot packages
> which don't build cleanly with it at the moment.
>
> So if you'd use the stable glibc it would build fine. There is no need
> to mark procmail in any way. ~x86 should be able to apply patches on
> their own, or wait until the patch arrives in tree.

Probably should use only stable but never have in over 5 yrs.
Probably much to the dismay of this list.

But even then, when a package is known in advance NOT to install with
current ~x86 tools, seems there would be some way to let user know
that.

Since you've said it is because of glibc... and this is a known bug
seems there might be a way to flag or mark procmail as incompatible
with it.

Maybe that would be way to hard to keep up with?