On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Kevin O'Gorman<kogor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My latest sync was busted, and not being aware of picking my own
> mirrors, I wonder what to do about it.

I use the meta-mirrors, as listed in and suggested by the commented
parts of make.conf:

SYNC is the server used by rsync to retrieve a localized rsync mirror
rotation. This allows you to select servers that are geographically
close to you, yet still distribute the load over a number of servers.
Please do not single out specific rsync mirrors. Doing so places undue
stress on particular mirrors.  Instead you may use one of the
following continent specific rotations:

Default:       "rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
North America: "rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
South America: "rsync://rsync.samerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
Europe:        "rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
Asia:          "rsync://rsync.asia.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
Australia:     "rsync://rsync.au.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"