On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:07:31 -0700
Grant <emailgr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You do have the ("perl-experimental") overlay?
>
> Thanks Michael.  I don't have that overlay.  What would it do for me?

It's where other ebuilds wind up if no one puts them in the official tree.

So, if there needs to be some customisation of an ebuild, it *may* already be
done in the overlay. And g-cpan should find it and use it, so may save some
time and hassle.

> An improved g-cpan?

Unfortunately, not... BTW, there is a patch to g-cpan which hasn't made it into
the tree. I haven't tried it but... looking at the code, it may help a bit with
some blatant errors. Still, I don't think a CPAN 'bundle' is going to fly very
well using this code... since I believe a 'bundle' really relies on CPAN doing
the work, not a package manager.

HTH.

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /