Hello
I noticed that when someone makes an error in master.cf (for example write
anything at the beginning of the file) and then restart postfix there is a
problem:

postfix is stopped (that's ok), then it should be started but it isn't (in
log something like
postfix/master[1649]: fatal: /etc/postfix/master.cf: line 4: bad transport
type:
==========================================================================)
and there is no error shown on console ( echo $? - shows 0 )

and then when we try to restart (or start) postfix again - we can't - unless
we delete /var/lib/init.d/started/postfix file (it's not deleted while
restarting)

is it a bug or we're doing sth wrong?!

equery list | grep postfix
mail-mta/postfix-2.5.5