On 06/25/2009 03:46 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Adam Carter<adam.car...@optus.com.au>  wrote:
I havent been following this thread but have you checked the open source
drivers? New features are always being ported in. The two options are;
- Radeon driver (module is named ati)
- Radeonhd driver (module is named radeon)

Check out the current features here http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature all
boxes are for the radeon/ati driver unless the box contains (RHD, in which case
it's the radeonhd/radeon driver). In particular TV out should work on
R100/R200/R300 based cards.

[...]
I am scanning the /var/log/Xorg.0.log looking for info on what chip
this is. I'm not finding anything that says what Radeon family it's
part of. lspci tells me what I posted here already - that it's part of
the IGP 9100 family.

I found this page at the AMD/ATI site but I suspect it's for a newer
version of the chipset:

http://ati.amd.com/products/radeon9100igp/features.html

That's an R200 chip.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_R200