On 29 Jun 2009, at 12:48, dhk wrote:

I have a wireless hand held scanner that is temporary connected with a
usb cable.  I would like to embed Gentoo on it, but I don't know the
mount.  How can I find the device?

lsscsi # just shows the scsi hard drive.
cat /proc/partitions # just shows the eide and scsi partitions.
lsusb # This does recognize the device and give me the following
Bus 005 Device 004: ID 05e0:2000 Symbol Technologies

What do I do at this point to communicate with the device?

Are you sure the device should appear as a mass storage device? That appears to be what you're expecting, but I don't find that clear at all.

Stroller.