Here's an example of a (possibly) useless log warning. I say useless because I
don't know (how would I?) whether this was updated from version 0.30 or not.

I get these kinds of messages regularly. Sometimes, I say, "right. I did that
last week, why is it telling me again?".

How do others know if a warning applies after any system/world update?

LOG: postinst

The database format has changed between 0.30 and 0.40.
You may need to update all your local databases and caches.
To do so, please run the following commands:
(for each user) $ update-mime-database ~/.local/share/mime/
(as root)       # update-mime-database /usr/local/share/mime/

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /
 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org