I am trying to install cb2bib from an overlay.  The ebuild is on
gentoo bugs.  On this machine, over time, I have gotten qt to settle
down, but now it's a mess.   I have tried to install some dependencies
with emerge -1 , but since I have too little understanding of that
issue, didn't do that for all.  Now qt-core has downgraded.

After installing (emerge -1) apps-text/poppler, then dev-libs/poppler
0.10.7 installed ok.  So I'm starting to understand how that works.
Can I also install x11-libs/qt-core-4.5.1 by oneshot, and then install
x11-libs/4.5.2?

This cyclical bunch of blocks has hit me many, many times, and I was
glad to discover that at least part of the problem was surmountable.

Alan Davis

 "...can the human soul be glimpsed through a microscope? Maybe, but
you'd definitely need one of those very good ones with two eyepieces."

    -- Woody Allen, quoted by B. A. Palevitz