On 07/19/2009 04:16 PM, James wrote:
Roy Wright<roy<at>  wright.org>  writes:

Also are you building OO from source or running the binary version?

Well, it's definately a permission problem, because as root
I can run OO flawlessly......?

There is also another possibility:  root and you are just different
users, and the problem may lie in your ~/.oo3/ directory.  To test
this idea just rename ~/.oo3 to something else and let OO make a new
one.  If that test fails then you start looking at permissions.

I always keep a spare user account named 'tester' for the same purpose,
just in case the problem is something else in my home directory that
may not be obvious.