Florian Philipp schrieb:

> Where I work, we have a System-on-a-Chip (SoC) NAS. Albeit being the
> second most powerful machine we have in our server room (quad core CPU,
> lots of RAM, three redundant power supplies and a good dozen HDDs), the
> OSS itself resides on a removable card not bigger than my thumb.

Err, I don't know if I really have to make this clarification, but I
don't want to spread false nomenclature:

Of course, the system I describe is not really an SoC because not all
components reside on a single chip. Actually, only the basic
input/output system and persistent storage are built as an SoC or, to be
more precise, as a System-in-a-Package (SiP).