walt wrote:
On 08/04/2009 05:15 AM, Jacques Montier wrote:
Hi all,

Since i upgraded Firefox to Firefox-3.5-r1, my links from Thunderbird to
Firefox don't work anymore.
In Thunderbird-2.0.0.22 : Edition -> Preferences -> Advanced -> General
->  Configuration Editor, i get :
network.protocol-handler.app.http type chain with /usr/bin/firefox.
Nothing happens when clicking on a link in Thunderbird.
In console /usr/bin/firefox works properly.
In Openoffice, links launch Firefox.
Everything is ok if i change /usr/bin/firefox to /usr/bin/midori.

It may depend on what desktop you use.  I use gnome, and the usual
reason for this problem is that the setting in System->Preferences->
Preferred-Applications is set to point at the wrong browser name.

I believe kde has a similar menu item somewhere, not certain.

Possibly the name of your firefox binary was changed in the upgrade?
Maybe an old symlink is pointing to an old (deleted) file?

I forgot where I found it but here is mine;
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/home/david/firefox_launch"); user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/home/david/firefox_launch");

cat firefox_launch
#!/bin/bash

unset LD_PRELOAD
exec /usr/bin/firefox "$@"