On 08/08/09 20:01, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Samstag 08 August 2009, David wrote:
Gentoo is turning 10 years old. For the last ten years, Gentoo has been
committed to bringing the cutting edge source based distro to users that
need more flexibility than binary packages can give them. With a vibrant
community and over 300 developers, much has been accomplished since the
beginning, Gentoo remains true to its origin. As part of the celebration
we are having a screenshot contest.

Links

Gentoo Anniversary Announcement
http://www.gentoo.org/news/20090722-anniversary.xml
Screenshot Contest
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/pr/2009-screenshot-contest.xml
Screenshot Contest Contestants
Page 1:
http://gentoo-pr.org/node/6
Page 2:
http://gentoo-pr.org/node/7
Forum Post
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-5923900.html

-david aka (dabbott)

fittingly the forums are down again ;)

Forum is up, but Gentoo Wiki is down.
I've been with Gentoo for over 6-years and have seen better times.
Some updates are not up to standards (as they used to be in the past). example
only:
current upgrading postgresql from 8.0 to 8.1 there is no pointer to
documentation how to upgrade safely.
In the past such an upgrade would follow link to documentation "step-by-step"
what to do with explanation.

I've seen better times when D.Robbins was aboard.
We used to get a weekly newsletter; it was downgraded to monthly and now we are
not getting it at all.
So over 300 developers has a little meaning.

--
Joseph