On 08/15/2009 08:37 PM, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
Am Samstag 15 August 2009 19:24:09 schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:

system has to be rebuilt twice.  When you get a new toolchain
("system"), you need to rebuilt it with itself.  The first time you do
that, it is rebuilt using the *old* toolchain.  The second time it is
rebuilt using the *new* toolchain that was just rebuilt.

Why would I need to do that? If I install gcc 4.4.1 I have gcc 4.4.1. It will
produce the same code no matter with what toolchain it has been built. So just
rebuilding world should be sufficient.

"Should."  But not "must."

Bye...

Uhm, nice day.