On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 12:08 -0700, Andrey Falko wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Albert Hopkins
> <mar...@letterboxes.org> wrote:
>         I should also mention that I also can't, for example, press
>         CTRL-C at
>         the shell prompt to exit a program (such as emerge).  So
>         somehow (some)
>         signals are not being sent/received.
>
>         -a
>

> It looks like you sys-process/procps might be broke in some way. Try:

Thanks for the suggestion but, unfortunately, no dice.  For some reason
I think this has something to do with the kernel or glibc (or some
combo).  I should mention also that I used (for the first time) the
minimal snapshot (which I guess is the only one supported) and also the
stage3 snapshot and also this is ~amd64.

 I may just try to do an 'emerge -e world' and see what happens.

-a