On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 07:55:16PM -0400, Simon Hunt wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 04:44:31PM -0700, Keith Dart wrote:
> > === On Sat, 08/29, Simon Hunt wrote: ===
> > > And you don't get freezes or anything?
> >
> > ===
> >
> > No, everything seems to be working fine now.
> >

> > -- Keith Dart
> >

> Okay, I did everything you said and THANK YOU! I don't get freezes
> anymore BUT I don't have direct rendering, which means everything is
> very slow because my CPU is doing all the work (I think that's what it
> means...). Anyway, here is the Xorg log:

Okay I got direct rendering to work, I think by removing the intel
framebuffer from my kernel modules. Now my graphics are definitely
faster, but not as fast as they once were before I upgraded to the 2.8
intel driver series. For instance, Facebook.com on Firefox is much
slower and laggy. And I've noticed it even in apps like mutt and less in
gnome-terminal. I haven't experienced any freezes though, and the way it
was before, it *definitely* would have frozen by now. So any thoughts on
why it is slower? Do you think it will be faster in subsequent releases?
I thought uxa was supposed to be better than whatever I had before.