Am Dienstag, 1. September 2009 schrieb Xi Shen:
> Hi,
>
> as you emerge, the /usr/portage/distfiles get stuffed with old
> packaged. even through it is safe to delete them all, and d/l again
> when needed, but i just want to remove only the old version. is there
> any way, or any tool to help with this task?

Whenever I do some updates, afterwards I go into my distfiles folder with
krusader, sort by date and select the newly added files.
Then I sort by name again and scroll through the list. Because the new ones
are marked, I can find them easily and see whether there are old versions of
them right next to them. If so, I select the old version. Then I deselect the
old version. And when I'm through the list, I can delete everything that is
still selected.

This is more thorough than eclean, which by far doesn't find everything.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
*** Quits: TITANIC (Excess Flood)