Grant wrote:
I should have been more specific.  That link I posted discusses how
blocking the Bogon List can cause problems as some of the IPs on the
list come into use.  I'd like to not use it at all, and I'm wondering
if I'm using it as part of a default setup of shorewall, apache2, or
other software.  Do you know of any software that uses it by default?

- Grant

Ah. Yeah shorewall turns it on by default unless that's changed. You should be fine if you keep Shorewall updated which installs a new bogon file or you can turn it off.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4404A628.1010301%40shorewall.net&forum_name=shorewall-users

I can't think of anything other than firewall rules that include their own bogon filter because they do go out of date within a year or two.

kashani