On Wednesday 02 September 2009 13:09:20 Dale wrote:
> Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > On Wednesday 02 September 2009 09:52:23 Dale wrote:
> >> I may have pasted the wrong thing.  I do have both KDE 3 and KDE 4
> >> installed but I use KDE 3.  This is the message I get for the record:
> >>
> >> (01:17:17)  Yahoo! Admin:  You are using an older version of Yahoo!
> >> Messenger that is no longer supported. Please upgrade by downloading the
> >> newest version by going to: http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php
> >
> > Honestly, dump yahoo and go with google talk. Convince your friends to do
> > the same.
> >
> > Insane yahoo issues just go away when you do this.
>
> Well, I have problems with Kopete loosing my settings for google talk.
> I don't know why, it just does.  I just gave up since I don't know
> anyone that uses it anyway.  Well, I guess you do but still.  :/

Down here at the tip of darkest Africa in good 'ol ZA almost no-one uses
Yahoo. We escaped the popularity of that scourge, thank $DEITY for that.

gtalk is popular, so is MSN. I used to have eternal issues with Yahoo and
still have them with MSN, but gtalk is rock stable for me.

Horses for courses I guess.

> Then again, Kopete forces me to re-enter my Yahoo password every time I
> restart Kopete too.  It seems as a security measure it adds extra dots
> to the end so hackers can't tell how many characters are in the
> password.  Thing is, that screws up the password as well.  So much for
> the "remember password" option.

Do you use kwallet, and is kopete authorized to open it?

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com