On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:32:00 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:

> This suggests using the fetchonly switch, write the files to USB key
> while mobile and compile them later on the desktop. But when I do
>
> % emerge -pfuvND world
>
> I just get page after page of the mirrors list from make.conf.

That's because you included -p, so it just tells you all the URLs of the
files you need to download.

> Is there a way to tell portage to ignore the Rs and collect only the
> Us, Ns and NSs?

Yes, don't delete the tarballs from $DISTDIR after installation.

--
Neil Bothwick

Quality control, n.:
  Assuring that the quality of a product does not get out of hand
   and add to the cost of its manufacture or design.