090921 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> On Montag 21 September 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
>> Gwenview is refusing to show thumbnails of images, which showed in 3.5.10 .
>> They seem to be small images: has anyone else experienced this ?
> it does show little images,
> but you are missing thumbnails which are little images?

The thumbnails are missing for some images, for which thumbnails appear
properly in Gwenview (for) 3.5.10 .  I've found the cause:
'properties' says they are 'jpeg', but that their content is 'gif',
so changing the extension to '.gif' cures the disorder.

I'm not sure this is progress: the Unix way is to use extensions as a guide,
but process files according to their identified content;
Gwenview 4.3.1 seems to be following the M$ approach of obeying extensions.
Anyway, it's solvable with some renaming: more fun with Thunar (grin) !

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca