On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 18:58:43 +0300, Arthur D. wrote:

> 1. emerge -C nano
> 2. emerge vim
> 3. export EDITOR=`which vim`
> 4. Or do eselect editor -> env-update ; or edit /etc/rc.conf ->
> env-update 5. Reemerge sudo if you wish (it will not change anything)
> 6. Relogin
> 7. Run "sudo visudo"
> You get this:
> visudo: no editor found (editor path = /bin/nano)

No I don't. I get /etc/sudoers loaded into joe, which is set in $EDITOR.

You seem to be the only one suffering with this problem, so it seems
reasonable to conclude that this is peculiar to your setup and that
shouting at devs and other users will not fix it.

--
Neil Bothwick

In 1750 Issac Newton became discouraged when he fell up a flight of
stairs.