On 1 Oct 2009, at 22:01, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

On Donnerstag 01 Oktober 2009, Stroller wrote:
On 1 Oct 2009, at 21:28, Mike Edenfield wrote:
On 10/1/2009 3:32 PM, forgottenwizard wrote:
However, I'm also wondering why the ebuild doesn't make use of the
EDITOR variable as was mentioned. This defaults to nano so it should
work fine in a default install, and would avoid issues like this
which
seems to be an arguement that the dev(s) are trying to force specific
programs on the users.

I would be hesitant to use a user-specific variable like EDITOR to
define the system-wide default on an ebuild.  For example, what if
my EDITOR was set to gvim or emacs when I installed sudo, then some
other remote user tried to run visudo over ssh?

I think it should get the $EDITOR variable set in rc.conf

it is set in /etv/env.d - why is that not enough?

Uh, because the ebuild ignores that, too, and hard-codes it.

Stroller.