On Mittwoch 07 Oktober 2009, Marco wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
>
> <volkerar...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Dienstag 06 Oktober 2009, Grant Edwards wrote:
> >> On 2009-10-06, Marco <listwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > there is a FAT warning. Maybe people should start reading the warnings
> > and infos instead of panicing
>
> I usully tend to read after I encounter an issue. So for the next
> time, where can the postinst warns be found (log-file)?
>
> --
> Regards,
>  Marco

elogv

emerge it and follow the instructions.

PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="warn error info log"
PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="mail save"
PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="r...@localhost /usr/sbin/sendmail"
PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILFROM="port...@localhost"

in make.conf not only stores the stuff for elogv - it also sends a mail to
root, for extra 'do not miss it'.

without mail and the later two lines it just stores the warnings and einfos.

have a look at make.conf.example. Also read manpages. Or use google.