Joshua Murphy schrieb:

> Yep! sys-apps/preload goes a long way to automate what I did with
> busybox's readahead tool, and I'm about 99% certain they both make the
> same system call to do the work anyways... it's all a matter of how &
> where they get their list of *what* to fetch... I, as I said, took the
> brute force approach and made my list by hand. ;-)

Ok, so it seems to me that I will just stay with sys-apps/preload and
avoid my own "brute force approach" ;-)

I don't have any particular issues, the box is rather fast and smooth so
far ... and remember my non-ricer-approach ;-)

As I see I am not even able to use much RAM with several (vmware-)VMs
running, so the 8 gigs will maybe stay some number to impress *some*
people with (until everyone gets 8 gigs into their supermarket-PCs).

Anyway.
Stefan