dhk wrote:
> Can someone explain the procedure for the installing software that has a
> fetch restriction?
>
> Whenever I get the "F" for fetch restricted (must be manually
> downloaded) I can't get the build right.  Usually I have to go to a
> web-site and then after downloading what is needed I get stuck.
> Basically I don't know what to do with the file.  Where is the file
> suppose to go and what format is it suppose to be in?  Also what should
> the permissions and ownership be of the file.
>
> So really a good procedure and example would help.  Two of the programs
> I want to install are app-misc/openjnlp and net-misc/icaclient .
>
> Thanks,
>
> --dhk

Well, it sort of tells you what to do.  For once portage has a error
that isn't encrypted or something.  lol

!!! dev-java/jnlp-bin-1.2-r1 has fetch restriction turned on.
!!! This probably means that this ebuild's files must be downloaded
!!! manually.  See the comments in the ebuild for more information.

 * Please download javaws-1_2-dev.zip and place it in /usr/portage/distfiles
 *
https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/viewproductdetail-start?productref=7026-jaws_dev_pack-1.2-oth-...@cds-cds_developer

I just went to the link provided, click accept on the license thingy and
there they are.  After you get them downloaded, just put them in
/usr/portage/distfiles and emerge them normally.

It's been a while since I have ran into this.

Dale

:-)  :-)