Igor Spiridonov wrote:
> Hi. I tryed install "gentoo 10.0" and there was: "scanning for
> ata_piix" and istallation stopped. If i switch off the sata disk then
> installation runs good.
> I try "gentoo 10.1" now and stopped on: "Scanning for ehci-hcd...usb
> core". I switch off usb on motherboard and installation continue. But
> then stopped on: "Scanning for scsi_wait_scan". I have not scisi
> disks. My matherboard is Asus P4P800SE. What to do?

If there's a module you don't need to load to install Gentoo, you can
use the "noload" option as described in the handbook
(http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=2)
under "Booting the Installation CD", as well as the options listing on
the boot screen of the install CD.  Just list the modules that are
causing problems.

John Moe