laurent a écrit :
Frank Steinmetzger a écrit :
Am Freitag, 9. Oktober 2009 schrieb laurent:
Hi,

Now I've setup vsftpd with local user.
For exemple I log with the user laurent, I create a folder via ftp.

This folder is own by laurent, so it's not exessible via apache.
How could I make that, like put laurent in a apache group?

My setup is a combination of apache and pure-ftpd. My user is member of the apache group, and I have set my home dir to

$ ls -ld /home/frank
drwxr-x--- 115 frank  apache  16384 2009-10-09 22:30 frank

That way apache can enter my directory to get into ~/public_html, but other users (such as guests, it's my laptop) cannot.

If I log into pure-ftpd with a local user account, it puts me into the respective user's home. Anonymous logins are made for user "ftp", which is set up in /home/ftp:

$ ls -ld /home/ftp
dr-xrwx---   4 ftp    users    4096 2009-09-19 19:45 ftp

$ ls -ld /home/ftp/incoming
drwxrwxr-x   2 ftp    users    4096 2009-09-16 23:58 /home/ftp/incoming/

This setup allows me as the "admin user" to have control over the files in the anonymous ftp root, and anonymous users may only upload stuff in the incoming directory.

I don't really know how to play with groups and user, any good tutorial
on that?

Just search for it, keywords such as file permissions chown may help:
http://www.overclock.net/linux-unix/513350-linux-file-permissions-executables-howto.html http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=chmod_squad_howto_use_linux_file_permiss

The latter is more informative on how to use groups in detail.
Hi Franck

Ok, after reading that I guess: I could create a 'connects' group and put my apache user in it. So apache will have control over the files in www own by apache:connects. set to 760 recursively, for exemple.

And then add other local user to the connector group. Then as they will be able to connect on ftp as a local user they will be able to read write files that apache will be able to execute.

I'm gonna do that now :)
thx
Laurent

760 does not work. ftp can't change directory...so I put 770 to www, it works.